We believe in creating Joy in everything we do. From approaching a project with a human-centered mindset to delivering joined-up creative solutions that deliver beyond client expectations. The creative team at LEWIS team work tirelessly to create unique, usable and beautiful design solutions for our clients and their users. Our obsession for design principles allows us to take tried and tested methods into the digital landscape and beyond.
As Senior UX/UI Designer, you have experience working with researchers, strategists, project managers, developers and client stakeholders to understand and solve complex problems. You are able to work in a fast-moving environment on multiple projects at once. As well as having an insane passion for making things easy to understand and joyful to use, we expect you to possess the following:
- UX/UI design experience (and the portfolio to back it up) of hands-on interaction/visual design throughout the development cycle of web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- An authentic empathy for users with experience working on digital projects producing user scenarios, assisting workshops and journey mapping.
- Ability to develop wireframes and rapid prototypes to inform effective user journeys.
- Incredible user interface design skills with the ability to execute beautifully crafted designs for multiple screen sizes.
- A master in accessibility and the art of conversion. Bringing hierarchy, momentum to designs with a focus on attention-driven design.
- Ability to build scalable design systems and intuitive style guides.
- Expert in all the tools. Adobe Creative Suite, specifically XD and/or Sketch. Proficiency in Axure or Invision and would be a plus.
- Communicate your ideas, plans and deliverables with strong rationales.
- Understand the possibilities and constraints of front and back-end technical development.
- A strong collaborator with a natural ability to bring people together.
- Desire and dig into analytics and initiate user feedback to inform iterative development of project deliverables.
- Experience with intricate interaction animation and motion graphics.
- Experience of Umbraco.
- Deliver responsive and systematic designs through User Experience methodology including wireframing, user flows, prototyping with close collaboration with internal and client teams.
- Design execution that delivers results and connects with users. Producing crafted UI kits and responsive layouts.
- Share your knowledge of UX and UI with the wider LEWIS team.
- Develop and implement and govern UX and UI process.
- Initiate and direct ongoing usability testing and assessment.
- Accountability for accurate costing and estimating for projects and ensuring production and delivery meets allocated hours.
2. Design responsibilities
- Research design trends, best practice digital design, tools and emerging items of interest to educate internal teams and clients.
- Represent the creative team positively across the company by attending and contributing to internal brainstorming sessions.
- Participate in a number of pitches.
- Attend client-facing situations where you will represent UX/UI expertise of the agency.
- Develop tools and processes to continuously improve efficiency and quality.
- Collaborate with front and back-end development teams to encourage synergy.
- Lead, mentor and assist other designers.
In return we offer:
Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
Death in Service Benefit.
30 days paid holiday (including a day off for your birthday!).
Friday drinks, health foods, fruit, biscuit bars and refreshments.
Encouragement to make a difference and mould the role to benefit Company objectives.
Opportunities to be involved in the direction and growth of the business.
Staff tech fund (buying shiny stuff to play with).
Monthly staff events.
Holiday Flex – buy up to 5 extra days’ holiday each year.
Charitable Giving – make tax free donations to your favourite charity.
Christmas/New Year shutdown.
Anniversary gifts – receive a gift from the company every year on the anniversary of joining.
Bike 2 Work Scheme.
Referral scheme for introducing a new member of staff to the team.
Office Massages – every month.
Personal Travel Concierge Service for all your holiday needs.
The chance to work with one of the UK’s most creative teams.
This is a full-time position with an ideal start date in early 2019 for the right candidate.
Email your cv, cover letter and a link to your portfolio with salary expectations to email@example.com.