Digital Design Lead/Director
This vacancy closed on Sunday 14th March:
We do what makes us Proud and we believe in creating Joy through everything we do. From approaching a project with a positive attitude to delivering beyond client expectations. The creative team at LEWIS work tirelessly to create unique, usable and beautiful design. Our obsession for design principles allows us to take tried and tested methods into the digital landscape and beyond.
As a Design Lead, you are insanely passionate about design and creativity. You must execute solutions across the design spectrum. You understand brands inside out and know how to push the boundaries. You can make the boring look beautiful using your natural instinct for visual hierarchy, grid systems, type, composition and space. You can work in a fast-moving environment on multiple projects simultaneously. As well as having an insane passion for making things easy to understand and joyful to use as Design Lead we expect you to possess the following:
We’re looking for:
- Digital Design Lead
- Digital Designer Director
- Senior Digital Designer (looking to move towards design lead or design director role)
- Experienced hands-on digital design (or a mix of digital and graphic design)
- Currently Senior Digital Designer looking for the next step, or
- Design Lead looking for more responsibility and management
The right person will:
- Have hands-on experience of crafting digital solutions across a vast array of media and outputs, at the highest level.
- Be focused on creative solutions with the ability to bring their imagination and experience to the role to seamlessly deliver.
- Be able to craft (hands-on) in the latest tools and technologies.
- Eat, sleep and breathe creativity and digital.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in leading and managing digital and design projects and teams.
- Build strong and effective relationships with our clients. We need someone with natural warmth, a genuine love for creative, passionate about visualisation, who is able to inspire and motivate the whole team.
- The ability to organise, develop and manage a remote team of creatives.
- Creatively inspire and influence designers, and the wider company.
- Work well with and help inspire our technical team using insight, creative flair and an appreciation of their remit and limitations.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adapt to evolving circumstances. Promote efficiency. Demonstrate excellent leadership potential.
- Keep a step ahead of the latest design and technology techniques, with an excellent knowledge of all digital design, website design, digital advertising and email marketing.
- Sound UX/UI knowledge and skills with a genuine user-first approach.
- Experience of working within an agency.
- Highly proficient/legend using the Adobe Creative Cloud digital design programmes (animation skills a bonus) and have a good understanding of Microsoft programs (Word, PowerPoint & Excel).,
- Highly motivated, well organised, confident, collaborative, decisive, flexible and analytical.
- Commercially savvy.
- Appreciation and understanding of the value of estimating, time-management, margins and project scoping.
- The ability to help plan production of your team and resources to make the best creative and financial impact.
- Experience of developing proposals, pitching and winning new business.
- Strong and confident communicator
- A positive individual who thinks from a successful end point
- Inspirational, with a drive to push forward great creative
- Accountable for your actions and that of the wider creative team
- An inspiration, leader and mentor
In return we offer:
- The chance to work for one of the UK’s most creative teams
- Encouragement to make a difference and mould the role to benefit the Company objectives
- Opportunities to be involved in the direction and growth of the business
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Referral scheme
- Remote/Flexible Working
- Christmas/New Year Shutdown
- 30 days paid holiday
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
- Holiday Flex – buy up to an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Charitable Giving – donate to your favourite charity on the day your paid
- Tech Loan – get the latest tech gadgets interest free
- Bike 2 Work
On Return to the Studio
- Monthly staff events
- Anniversary gifts
- Birthday celebrations
- Office massages
- Friday breakfast and end of day drinks
- Complementary refreshments, biscuit bars and fruit
- Staff Tech Fund (to buy shiny stuff to play with!)
This is a full-time position with an ideal start date in early March 2021 for the right candidate.
Email your CV, cover letter and a link to your portfolio with salary expectations to email@example.com.
Strictly no agencies.